Friday 13 September 2013

Review // Elianto 2 in 1 celestial eyeliner


I'm never really one to venture out into "deeper waters" in the beauty department and like to keep my makeup natural, simple and neutral. However, a trend that I've been loving A LOT and I've been seeing on quite a few bloggers lately is coloured eye liner. Wayyy more exciting than your usual black/brown and just gives it a nice pop of colour. 


Out of all the colours, the ones that I really wanted to try were cobalt blue, gold and silver. So I've been trying to find a reasonably priced one. When I went to Berjaya Times Square (in Malaysia), the Elianto stall was having a sale, so my aunt treated me to a much sought after coloured eyeliner! It was only RM6!
Anyway, enough of me yapping on, this is what I thought about it:



Packaging

Your bog-standard eye liner packaging. I like the pretty, whimsical golden detailing on the pencil (: At the very end, the colour corresponds to the shade to make it easy to identify. 
At first glance, I thought it was a twistable eyeliner pencil which would save me from sharpening it. However, as hard as I tried to twist the bottom part, nothing happened. So although I haven't tried, I think you have to sharpen it - fingers cross that works out well!


What Elianto says:
"The 2 in 1 functional eyeliner & eye shadow pencil provides a smooth colour pay-off, excellent coverage and an extremely high-shine pearlescent effect."


Formula + Pigmentation

The eye-liner pencil glides on really smoothly and as you can see from the swatch, it's very pigmented!
Elianto claims that you can use it as an eyeshadow pencil as well, but I haven't tried that, and am a bit skeptical about doing so...


Smudgeproof + Lasting Power

The swatch on the right is smudged within the next 2 seconds after swatching. You can see that it does smudge and turn grey/black with a faded look if you smudge it immediately after application. But it you leave it for about 5 minutes...that eyeliner ain't going anywhere! I'm not kidding! I wore this for a good 6 hours and it was still there! A little faded, but it didn't smudge or anything!


Waterproof

This eyeliner is definitely waterproof! It won't budge! However, with makeup remover, it comes off with ease.


Final verdict:

I actually really like this eyeliner! For me, a winning eyeliner stays put all day and is waterproof! Although I don't think I'll be using it as an eyeshadow pencil... nevertheless, will definitely be picking up more shades when I get the chance!


Do you like that pop of colour on your eyes?


P.S:  I would love it if you like my new Facebook page!
- Join my giveaway to win an iPhone case!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10