Friday 5 September 2014

Review // Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in 01, 03 & 08 (+ swatches)



 So I was going to continue my Japan Photo Diary...but since I cleaned out my laptop and the other days' pictures miraculously did not copy over whilst I backed my hard disk up...I have no idea where they went :( But I think 5 days of Japan is enough for now... if you do want to see what I was up to, go to the Travel Tag. Anyway, onwards to the review. Here, I've decided to try a shade from each 'colour group', a red, pink and neutral.


What they say

"The 1st Lipstick collection created by Kate Moss High intensity colour for up to 8 hours. Formula infused with Black Diamonds, reflects light like never before. Captures all the flair, edge and timelessness of Kate's unique look. (16 available shades)"




Packaging 

Your average black lipstick bullet casing that you can twist up to reveal more product, so there's nothing really special there! However, I absolutely love the red 'Kate' signature on the lid, as well as the iconic Rimmel crown embellishment. Sometimes, it's these little things that makes the packaging sleek yet functional. Also, I like how the bottom of each lipstick has a colour coded sticker with the shade name because it makes finding the right shade a lot easier!



Formula

  First off, these lipsticks have a fruity scent that I can't quite place my finger on...but I'm leaning towards watermelon. For those that are sensitive to fragrance, don't worry, it's very mild and actually smells quite nice! Also, it has no taste.

These swatches are only after one swipe so you can see how pigmented these lipsticks are! The best part, that amount of pigmentation does translate to the lips. The finish of these are semi-matte, with a slight sheen. They're quite creamy, gliding on easily and evenly without any excessive tugging and I didn't find them to be moisturizing or drying. But as always, I would recommend a layer of lip balm before hand as they do slightly accentuate chapped lips.

  The lipsticks don't last for the 8 hours as claimed, but they do for a good 3-4 hours which is pretty good for me. Also, the angle of the lipstick bullet makes it easy to apply.
  




Shade #01

  Your classic hollywood red that every one needs in their makeup bag! Such a great statement lip to glam up your look. However, as this is pigmented and does stain a little, do take care when applying. Love this one for nights out or a fancy event especially.



Shade #08

  This is definitely a 'My Lips But Better' kind of shade and is perfect for everyday casual wear when you want your lips to look more alive. Alternatively, as this leans on the nude/mauve side, you can wear this at night with a smokey eye if you don't want to go straight out nude. Out of the three, I've been reaching for this one most often when going out during the day because it's super easy to wear - subtle without overdosing on colour, accomplishing a rather natural look.



Shade #03

  A beige nude with a pinky/brown base that is perfect to pair with a dramatic eye. The weird thing about me is that I would rather go out wearing hollywood red or deep berry lipstick shades rather than nude ones... Hence, as this is the first nude lipstick I bought, when I first tried it, I was unsure because it made me look kind of dead...However, looking at how the picture above turned out, I think I kind of like it as it's not so pale that it washes me out. Maybe I'll get the courage to wear nude lips out one day.


Final Verdict

 I love these lipsticks and for its price, it's reasonable. The pigmentation and shade range is on point and although it doesn't last as long as the 8 hours claim, there are very few lipsticks that do anyway. The brighter and darker shades i.e #01 has greater longevity than the slightly lighter shades. There's also a rather large range of shades so there's bound to be something for everyone! It's not drying and easy to apply so I definitely recommend these!


Have you tried these lipsticks before? If so, what do you think of them & which is your favourite shade?



Buy at:

USA - Ulta ($2.59) // Walmart ($4.97)
UK - Superdrug (£5.49) // Boots (£5.49) // ASOS (£5)



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10