Monday 2 February 2015

5 senses: January


  Can you believe that the first month of 2015 is over?! Well I'm in shock. Just like how much I'm in shock that the weekend is over and Monday is upon us....but I am pretty proud of sticking (ish) to my blogging schedule this month! #organised Also, I apologize for ruining any New Year's Resolutions after this...





Hear: Lost Stars from the soundtrack of 'Begin Again'
I actually never heard of this film until the boyfriend suggested and I love it. It's a musical comedy-drama film and I don't want to give much of the plot away apart from recommending that you watch it. It's not 'out of this world' but just a lovely movie to watch when you feel like relaxing. Also, it stars Keira Knightley, Mark Ruffalo and Adam Levine so...what more could you want? Anyway, what I loved most about this film was the soundtrack which contains original songs and which I think are amazing and have played on repeat. Most were sung by Adam Levine or Keira Knightley (she has an amazing voice) and my favourite one is called 'Lost Stars' which was actually nominated for an Oscar for 'Best Original Song'!!!!!! Now you really have to watch it.


Smell: Primark's 80p candle in Red Berry & Jasmine
These smell amazing. Granted the scent isn't that strong, but for 80p, what more can you want? I find the candle pots so cute displayed either on window sills or on the table and you can fill them with little trinkets when you're done burning. I've got another - Blackcurrant & Orchid - and spied 'Coconut & Vanilla' a few days ago so I'm gonna catch 'em all.

See: Gorgeous geometric statement necklace from Primark
When I laid eyes on this necklace, I knew I wanted it immediately regardless of it being £3 (yea, I don't like spending too much on jewellery...). I loved the geometric shape and the black accents. It was just so simple and classy and I know I can pair this with so many outfits! Love it.


Touch: Warmth of my thermal socks from Primark
Yes, Primark again...but I really can't recommend their thermal socks enough! For just £2.50, you can get 2 pairs of incredibly warm and softs socks in funky prints. I wear them everyday underneath my tights because they keep my toes extra warm in the winter and I love them. I think I've got about 6 pairs now?

 
Taste: Chocolate Mug Cake
  First off, I am proud to say that I have introduced this indulgent to my flatmates :D But seriously, if you're craving for something quick and sweet, this is it. Best part? You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry and if you don't, they are ridiculously cheap. For one portion, all you need is:

- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (I use Cadbury's drinking chocolate)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (You can add/take away as much depending on personal taste)
- 3 tablespoons water
- about 1/4 tablespoon of butter

1. Put the water in first - so the flour and cocoa powder won't stick to the sides...
2. Put the rest of the ingredients into your mug and mix well
3. optional: For an even more sinful dessert, drop a teaspoon of nutella/chocolate spread in the center
4. Place in the microwave for 1 to 1.5 minutes (depending on the strength of the microwave and how 'gooey' you want the center to be. On 800W, I find that 1 minute is perfect for a half-cake half-gooey middle)
5. Et voila! I find this to be particularly good with ice cream!

There you have it, a ridiculously easy dessert and perfect for those on a budget aka university students like yours truly - sorry New Year's Resolutions!

What are you loving this month?


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10